Workplace Safety and Health
Throughout its long existence, Sendero Tax & Legal’s employment law practice has naturally spun off health and safety at work (HSW) as a separate practice area. We support our clients in planning their actions to the extent they have direct impact on employee safety. Our focus is primarily on sharing our experience with clients. This is very important mainly because health and safety at work regulations are scattered over different pieces of legislation.
We hold HSW audits based on our proprietary protocol. We are very often engaged to assist clients in post-accident procedures, where we are with them from start (finding that an accident has occurred and issuing a post-accident report) to finish (defending damages claims). We provide comprehensive advice on occupational diseases, including client representation before administrative authorities and during the resulting damages cases in courts.
As part of our health and safety at work practice we can:
• issue legal opinions on HSW regulations,
• offer regular reviews on HSW topics;
• assist you in developing appropriate HSW relationships with your staff;
• formulate your internal procedures;
• support you in post-accident processes;
• represent you before courts and administrative authorities in cases involving accidents at work or occupational diseases;
• help you implement automated supply systems for personal protective equipment;
• help you appoint a competent person to co-ordinate HSW compliance with respect to employees hired by different employers.