Investments, Including in Special Economic Zones
Tax relief for new projects has for many years been a major investment incentive. The New Project Support Act 2018 has substantially changed the rules of the game for special economic zones and the related state aid. With that said, this kind of government assistance remains a broadly available and interesting state aid option.
We support our clients in obtaining state aid through special economic zones. Our experts have experience in all legal and tax matters that must be dealt with to secure government assistance in this form.
As part of our services, we can:
• provide preliminary tax and legal analysis of consequences if new project support is obtained;
• provide advice on preliminary treatment of the project in terms of its eligibility for state aid under the support decision;
• offer client representation and document drafting for the new project support decision process;
• negotiate with central or local authorities or zone managers;
• support our clients in purchasing real estate for their projects and in drafting and negotiating project-related contracts (such as the construction contract);
• provide support for legacy special economic zone franchises issued under the old law, i.e. before the effective date of the New Project Support Act 2018.